Coach's Code of Conduct
We hereby pledge to live up to our certification as an NCSA Coach by following the NCSA Code of Conduct for Coaches. We will:
- Place the emotional and physical well-being of our players ahead of a personal desire to win.
- Treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- Do our best to provide a safe playing situation for our players.
- Promise to review and practise basic first aid principles needed to treat injuries of our players.
- Do our best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all our players.
- Lead by example in demonstrating good sportsmanship to all our players, opponents and officials.
- Not cheat or engage in any form of unethical behaviour that violates league rules.
- Be knowledgeable in the rules of softball, and we will teach these rules to our players.
- Use those coaching techniques appropriate for all of the skills that we teach.
- Remember that we are youth sports coaches and that the game is for children and not adults.
- Communicate clearly with parents about goals for the team and our expectations from the players, including proper behaviour on and off the field.
- Follow the rules set out by the NCSA, By-laws and Policies.